GCCF Judge Profile - Anne Gregory
Written by Neil
Saturday, 03 January 2009
- Q. What is Your Name?
- A. ANNE GREGORY
- Q. How Long have you been a GCCF Judge?
- A. Since 1982, but became a full judge of Siamese in February 1986
- Q. What Sections are you a full judge in?
- A. All of them
- Q. Are you a probationer judge in any sections and if so which ones?
- A. I am a Probationer Judge in the Persian Section for the Patched Group
- Q. What made you interested in becoming a judge?
- A. I thought it was the very best way to spend a day at a cat show
- Q. Do you breed cats as well and if so which breed(s)?
- A. Sadly no longer, but I have some gorgeous neutered pets
- Q. Do you show your cat(s)?
- A. Sometimes when judging permits.
- Q. If you do not Breed, what breed of cats do you have at home?
- A. Birman; British Blues; Somali; Egyptian Maus and Selkirk Rex
- Q. If you could give one tip to aspiring / new judges or stewards, what would it be ?
- A. Listen, learn and enjoy the cats
- Q. Do you have a ‘Day Job’ and if so, what is it??
- A. Retired schoolteacher – Head of Expressive Arts
- Q. What are your favourite Hobbies outside of Cat Showing?
- A. Shopping !
- Q. Which Cat Show Venue does the Best Lunch?
- A. I like the lunch at the Supreme – I love soup and they have gorgeous rolls and Danish pastries.....
- Q. Best cat show moment?
- A. When I was part of the Supreme BIS Panel
- Q. Worst cat show moment?
- A. The saddest was standing for silence in memory of Ann Rickson and hearing the cats crying – it was so poignant and apt.
- Q. Funniest Cat Show Moment?
- A. Brian and I crouching down and “escaping” from a show hall so the Open Class judge for one of our cats could not see us!!!!
- Q. Scariest Cat Show Moment?
- A. When my steward was badly bitten by a cat and then I was bitten removing the cat’s teeth from her hand !!!
- Q. Best Part of the Cat Show Day?
- A. That blissful quiet time in the morning when you can concentrate on the cats and your judging
- Q. Favourite Cat Show Venue?
- A. The Black Lion at Gillingham, Kent of course !
- Q. Favourite Cat Breed?
- A. The one I am judging
- Q. Winter or Summer Cat Shows?
- A. All of them
- Q. Any other animals/pets ?
- A. I have had dogs – a Yorkie, Clara; a Miniature Schnauzer, Joe.
- Q. What part of judging do you enjoy the most?
- A. Handling the cats.
- Q. Can you Recall ever loving a cat or Kitten at a show so much you wanted to put it in your pocket and take it home? If so who and at which show?
- A. Countless times ..... it happens very often. However, at the Siamese Cat Club show in 1973, I fell in love with a seal point kitten – she was 25 guineas !!! I did not have enough money, so had to borrow some from my sister to pay for her !!!!
Last Updated ( Sunday, 04 January 2009 )